living in a male body
Boys Under Attack
0-Home | erections
Once puberty hits, you will get lots of unwanted erections of your penis (boner). You have not become a sex maniac!
The causes
Puberty causes the release of hormones into your blood. These hormones make a guy's penis really sensitive to any form of stimulation. If you do nothing at all, you will get erections. If you dream about, touch or check out another person's body, you will get more erections. If you show affection to someone or watch, listen to, or read sexual material you will get even more erections. Anything that causes any strong feelings can also cause an erection. You probably need to adjust your thinking about what is a normal penis response for a teenage boy.
What to do
Control you eyes and imagination! Think about mowing the lawn! Also don't draw attention to yourself when you have that bulge in your pants! Some guys say to put your hand in your pocket and move your penis so it points up rather than out - good luck if that works for you and you can do it without drawing attention to yourself! Sit or crouch down - bring your knees up. Also, wear loose fitting clothes so your erection doesn't show so much.
How long
Unwanted erections will continue for most of your life, but they don't happen as much as an older teenager and adult - your body learns to control things better as you get older.
Erection size
The quoted average adult penis size of 6 inches (15 cm) accounts for less than 25% of the male population. The remaining 75% mostly range from 4 to 8 inches (10 to 20 cm)
Curved penis
About 60% of guys have some curve in their erect penis. The rest have straight erections. Curves mostly don't cause problems unless extreme.
Circumcised
About half the male population have had the extra skin (foreskin) covering the head of the penis removed (circumcised). The other half are in the natural (uncircumcised) state. The foreskin on an uncircumcised penis should easily slide back and forward over the head of your penis when you have an erection.
Dad advice
Learn to enjoy this new aspect of your body. Accept it as "this is what it is to be male". Your erections are going to give you a lot of pleasure over the rest of your life and you will soon learn how to handle things to save embarrassment.
More detailed info at PC site boysunderattack.com